You may send your articles by using the comment option.
Please inform if you find any information that is no longer valid or has been placed in the wrong category.
Feel free to use the search engine on this page to find anything you may be looking for.

Friday 31 July 2009

Affiliate Programs: You CAN Make a Difference

Negotiate with your affiliate managers for win-win solutions.
One of the rules of affiliate marketing, is to partner with merchants that don't have too many external links on their sites. This is especially true if you pay to advertise your site. You might just as well burn your money as send it to sites that steal your traffic.

If the site does have links out, then those links should be coded with your affiliate ID. You should be credited for sales made through those links.

As I learn and grow in this business, I get pickier and pickier about such things.

For specifically that reason, I recently stemmed the flow of traffic to one of the dating networks I've been affiliated with for years. Soon after doing so, I received a call from the president of the company, who wanted to know what it would take for me to start sending traffic back to their sites.

I asked that each of the links out to their other dating sites either be removed, or coded with my ID. Although he discounted my request as being irrelevant in terms of lost commissions, he agreed to have the links removed from my affiliate sites.

Ask and ye shall receive, right?

Not quite. I checked back a couple of weeks later, and saw that the changes hadn't been made.

Easy enough. No changes made, no traffic sent.

Shortly after that I got another call from the company, this time from the affiliate program manager. I told her about my

No comments: